Southern Shortcut Recipes
Southern recipes you love and a few new twists...all made with shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen quickly!
Appetizers and bite-size desserts for the New Year celebration, then look for chicken recipes and lots of Southern vegetables.
I share all my baking shortcut tricks from proofing cinnamon rolls in half the time to making caramel icing with no candy thermometer.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole
- Purple Sweet Potato Magic Cake
- Vidalia Onion Cornbread with Caramelized Onion Fans Vidalia Onions arranged in the bottom of the skillet; when turned out, you have an impressive display of caramelized onions!
- Tomato and Vidalia Onion Pie with Bacon A deep dish version of the classic Southern tomato pie with sweet onion and bacon.
See more baking recipes →
Find Recipes For...
Soups & Stews
Cozy up around the fire with a bowl of soup made on the stovetop, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Don't forget the cornbread!
See more soup & stew recipes →
Appetizers & Snacks
All your game day, holiday party and afternoon treat recipes in one place.
- Shortcut Homemade Hot Honey
- Easy Churros with Vanilla Icing for Dipping Sauce Cinnamon Sugar-coated fried dough dipped in vanilla icing? Yes please and thank you!
- Easy Cranberry-Apple-Jalapeno Salsa This combination may sound crazy at first but after you taste it, you'll agree, it's just crazy good!
- Shortcut Teriyaki Chicken Tenders with Spicy Peanut Sauce
See more appetizer & snack recipes →