Southern Shortcut Recipes
Southern recipes you love and a few new twists...all made with shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen quickly!
It's time for Southern comfort food! Cozy up to a bowl of soup or a one-dish dinner with a side of fall garden veggies. Don't forget dessert!
Find Recipes For...
I share all my baking shortcut tricks from proofing cinnamon rolls in half the time to making caramel icing with no candy thermometer.
- Vidalia Onion Cornbread with Caramelized Onion Fans Vidalia Onions arranged in the bottom of the skillet; when turned out, you have an impressive display of caramelized onions!
- Tomato and Vidalia Onion Pie with Bacon A deep dish version of the classic Southern tomato pie with sweet onion and bacon.
- Easy Wild Blackberry Crisp with Pecan Streusel
- Campfire S'Mores Cupcakes | Plus Shortcut Version Make them from scratch with Marshmallow Frosting or the quick & easy shortcut version.
See more baking recipes →
Soups & Stews
Cozy up around the fire with a bowl of soup made on the stovetop, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Don't forget the cornbread!
See more soup & stew recipes →
Appetizers & Snacks
All your game day, holiday party and afternoon treat recipes in one place.
See more appetizer & snack recipes →
- Instant Pot Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Double-Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls Twice the amount of cinnamon-brown sugary butter in the middle surrounded by "soft as clouds" sweet rolls.
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops and Fried Cinnamon Apples Easy one-skillet pork chops and "fried" apples are made in one skillet for a simple Southern supper.
- Purple Cauliflower & Broccoli Raisin Salad A colorful twist on the traditional broccoli raisin salad often served at potlucks