Southern Shortcut Recipes
Southern recipes you love and a few new twists...all made with shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen quickly!
It's time for Southern comfort food! Cozy up to a bowl of soup or a one-dish dinner with a side of fall garden veggies. Don't forget dessert!
- Perfect Every Time Fried Green Tomatoes How to make no-fail Southern-fried green tomatoes, the quintessential Southern side dish.
- Shortcut White Bean and Chicken Chili No dry beans to soak! Canned Navy or Great Northern beans is the shortcut!
- Toffee Blonde Brownies with Cheater's Caramel Icing No candy thermometer! Check out my shortcut to halfway homemade caramel icing on these soft and chewy toffee bars.
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Alfredo No need to drain the pasta! Cook it all in one pot and no Ranch dressing packet needed!
Find Recipes For...
Drawing on my test kitchen experience, I'll share all my shortcut tricks from proofing cinnamon rolls in half the time to making caramel icing with no candy thermometer.
- Vidalia Onion Cornbread with Caramelized Onion Fans Vidalia Onions arranged in the bottom of the skillet; when turned out, you have an impressive display of caramelized onions!
- Tomato and Vidalia Onion Pie with Bacon A deep dish version of the classic Southern tomato pie with sweet onion and bacon.
- Easy Wild Blackberry Crisp with Pecan Streusel
- Campfire S'Mores Cupcakes | Plus Shortcut Version Make them from scratch with Marshmallow Frosting or the quick & easy shortcut version.
See more baking recipes →
Soups & Stews
Cozy up around the fire with a bowl of soup made on the stovetop, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Don't forget the cornbread!
See more soup & stew recipes →
Appetizers & Snacks
All your game day, holiday party and afternoon treat recipes in one place.
See more appetizer & snack recipes →
Should have some lead in text here
- Small Batch Scuppernong Grape Jelly Make this easy Southern grape jelly as a freezer jelly or use water bath; no pressure cooker needed!
- Creamy Jalapeno Pimento Cheese This version is super creamy from cream cheese with a little bit of crunch and heat from the jalapeno pepper.
- How to Make Red & Green Freezer Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Cinnamon Candy Christmas Pickles