Spiced Sweet Potato Fries are easy to cook in the air fryer. Made with fresh sweet potatoes, olive oil, a little ground cinnamon and a bit of cayenne pepper. Sprinkled with a little salt at the end, these slightly spicy fries are a tasty addition to backyard burgers and barbecue.
There are many brands to choose from but they all cook in less time than the oven and with a fraction of the oil than frying.
Yes, air fryers can warm up frozen french fries and chicken nuggets but they can do so much more.
Can I bake these sweet potato fries?
If you don't have an air fryer but still want to make these fries without deep frying them, bake them at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, turn them over with tongs, then bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Watch my video segment on ABC 33/40's Talk of Alabama on how to make these sweet potato fries.
If you make this recipe I'd love to see it! Tag me on social media with #gritsandgouda or @gritsandgouda. Leave a comment below the printable recipe if you have questions or tell me how you liked the recipe. Don't forget to give the recipe a rating of 5 stars if you love it!
Air Fryer Indian-Spiced Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat air fryer according to manufacturers directions to 375°.
- Toss sweet potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Place half of the sweet potatoes in the fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes. Turn, cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy and browned. Remove them from the basket and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining half of potatoes.