Glazed Nutella Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Glazed Nutella Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Is it a bread? Is it a cake? The method is a quick bread but it is so incredibly rich, moist and decadent it looks and tastes just like a cake. You decide.
Pin it for later
I developed this recipe because I still had extra zucchini after making the Zucchini Pineapple Bread but wanted something a little more indulgent and knew that shredded zucchini acts like mashed banana in banana bread to make it tender.
It’s a bit early for hazelnut recipes but Nutella is in season all year long if you ask me! I had a few hazelnuts in the freezer so they are perfect to sprinkle on top for a crunch to go with the silky smooth hazelnut glaze. Almonds would be yummy sprinkled on top, too!
Zucchini is available year round so this is perfect for gift giving during Christmas! Almonds would be yummy sprinkled on top, too! I just put them in a clear plastic gift bag and tied a green ribbon around it. Voila! Who wouldn’t want to receive this little bag of chocolately goodness!
Since zucchini is abundant in the summer, make some zucchini bread for Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and birthdays! I’d love to have a birthday cake made from this batter!
Zucchini is starting to go on sale in grocery stores this summer and is abundant in farmers markets. My squash plants in my garden look so good! I overlooked one squash hidden under the huge leaves and when I discovered it, it was as big around as a baseball bat or bigger! I didn’t even have to use the whole squash to make a batch of this zucchini bread.
If you’re a purist and not a chocolate-lover, bless your heart, try my Pineapple Zucchini Bread.
Glazed Nutella Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded zucchini 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon half and half or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large paper plate or medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, cocoa, baking soda,
- baking powder, and salt. I like to use a large, rimmed paper plate for the dry ingredients
- so I only have to wash one bowl.
- Whisk eggs or stir with a fork in a large bowl. No mixer needed for this recipe.
- Press zucchini between paper towels to pat dry, then add to the eggs in the bowl. Add
- Nutella, oil and vanilla and stir well. Add mini chocolate chips and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until dry ingredients are
- moistened. Spoon batter into two 8x4-inch loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire
- rack. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
For Nutella Glaze, combine powdered sugar, cocoa, Nutella, and half and half or milk,
- stirring until smooth. Spoon glaze over bread, allowing it to drip over the sides; sprinkle
- with hazelnuts. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.