My favorite piece of Zucchini Pineapple Bread is always the end piece because it's tender on the inside with a slight crunch at first bite while still being a little chewy-in a good way! I also love to toast it and spread cream cheese on it for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
You won't need an electric mixer for this recipe. Just stir and spoon into the pans. I usually choose to make the three 8x4-inch pans so I can eat one, give one away, and freeze one.
The crushed pineapple adds a yummy tropical flavor but along with the zucchini, it also helps keep the bread moist and tender for days. As you can see in the picture above, the crust is nicely browned and has a slight crunch on the edges.
Have you ever toasted zucchini bread and spread the crispy slice with cream cheese? It is the Southerner's equivalent to a New Yorker's toasted bagel with cream cheese...only better!
Don't limit this yummy bread to breakfast. Make it on the weekend and surprise your kids with a flavorful after school snack or even pack it in their lunches. And don't forget to pack yourself a slice or two in your lunch!
What are you making with all that zucchini in your garden? Don't have a garden? Barter with someone that does. Maybe you can help someone organize their closet or help them with a budget. We all have a skill that someone else might not have. Share your skills and they will share their garden! If all else fails, zucchini is plentiful at the grocery stores right now and usually on sale.
More baking recipes you will love
Leave a comment if you make Zucchini Pineapple Bread and let me know what you think. Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter . Don’t leave before you leave me enter your email address so you don’t miss a single post on my Southern shortcut recipes!
Zucchini Pineapple Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini about 2 small to medium zucchini
- 1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, drained (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large paper plate or medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I like to use a large, rimmed paper plate so I only have to wash one bowl.
- Whisk eggs or stir with a fork in a large bowl. No mixer needed for this recipe.
- Press zucchini between paper towels to pat dry, then add to the eggs in the bowl. Add pineapple, oil and vanilla and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into two lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pans or three 8x4-inch loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.