This easy, no-bake Shortcut Chocolate Truffle Tart recipe starts with chocolate chips and uses the microwave to melt the semisweet chocolate! With just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare, this simple ganache filling tart will be your new favorite dessert. If you have a few extra minutes, there's a homemade Oreo crust option.
This Valentines Day, spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your sweetheart. For Easter or the holidays, this easy make-ahead dessert is the way to go.
Strawberries are on sale EVERYWHERE the week of Valentines Day and Easter...and actually all through the summer.
Take advantage of the fresh fruit sales and serve it with whipped cream. Shortcut Chocolate Truffle Tart is intensely chocolate and indulgent. It was made for sharing, for sure.
How to make this semisweet chocolate ganache tart
For complete, detailed directions scroll down for the printable recipe.
- First, melt chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla in the microwave.
- Pour the ganache filling into the store-bought Oreo cookie crust. (See NOTE in the recipe below for option to make homemade cookie crust)
- Then, chill until firm
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream and fruit.
Can I make my own Oreo cookie crust?
Yes. This tart is so easy, you don't even have to roll out a pie crust.
Crush Double stuff Oreo cookies in a food processor and press it into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes and let cool.
Or, you can just pour the semi-sweet chocolate ganache filling into a store bought graham cracker cookie crust.
Pin for Later
If you make this recipe I'd love to see it! Tag me on social media with #gritsandgouda or @gritsandgouda. Leave a comment below the printable recipe if you have questions or tell me how you liked the recipe. Don't forget to rate it 5 stars if you love it!
More shortcut desserts
Shortcut Chocolate Truffle Tart
- 1 12-oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream (Do not use regular whipping cream. It will not firm up enough.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 6-oz chocolate cookie or graham cracker pie crust (Homemade Oreo cookie crust recipe below)
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (or Cool Whip)
- Strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and pour the whipping cream over the chips. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute and 30 seconds. I have a 1200 watt microwave. Let it stand 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. It might look like it will never get smooth but it will. If lumps persist, microwave an additional 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour truffle filling into pie crust, spreading to the edges with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. If you are making this the day before, cover it after the filling firms up with aluminum foil. "Tent” it so it doesn’t touch the filling and leave marks.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream, raspberries, blueberries or strawberries.To gild the lily, drizzle with chocolate syrup!