More than demonstrating Southern shortcut recipes for the holidays, my Holiday Cooking Show is a fun, lively night full of door prizes, silent auction, vendor shopping, FREE dessert and Panera Bread coffee/hot chocolate bar. Our 2nd Annual Holiday Cooking Show, November 14, 2019 at the Gardendale, Al civic center is a fundraiser for my husband and son's nonprofit, Outdoor Ability Foundation.
When and where is the Holiday Cooking Show?
The 2nd Annual Holiday Cooking Show is November 14, 2019. Registration starts at 6pm in the Gardendale, Alabama Civic Center Exhibition Hall. The doors will open for the silent auction and 5 vendor shopping booths. Show starts at 6:30pm.
The Gardendale Civic Center is located at 857 Main Street, Gardendale, AL.
How much are tickets?
General seating tickets are $15 while they last. VIP tickets are $25. (VIP tickets sold out)
Are there any discounts?
Yes. Teacher group discount: Buy 5 tickets, get 6th ticket free. Gardendale Chamber of Commerce discount: $2 off $15 ticket. Go here to purchase tickets.
Where do I get tickets?
Since this is a fundraiser for Outdoor Ability Foundation, there are no paper tickets printed. Click HERE to buy your ticket on line via Pay Pal. If you absolutely cannot pay online, email us at [email protected] and we will make arrangements for you.
Everyone will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of buying tickets online. Everyone will check in at the show registration table before entering the exhibition hall. So, allow plenty of time to check in. We are expecting 200 people!
Is it just a cooking show?
No! It's so much more! It's a fun, lively and entertaining show! I have a whole squad of friends helping to put this show together, including my husband Scott and son Grayson.
Our beautiful hostess, Tammi Taylor, keeps things flowing along with humor and festive wardrobe changes. Below is what you can expect at the show:
- Southern shortcut recipes I have hand picked recipes that are perfect for your Thanksgiving and Christmas meals and parties. Like last year, I'll have at least one Keto and Gluten-Free recipe, one Instant Pot and one air fryer recipe. Expect decadence when it comes to dessert, but not lengthy recipes.
- Door Prizes! We have sooooo many excellent door prizes such as restaurant gift cards, Oxo Good Grips 15 piece everday kitchen tool set, car wash gift cards, $45 Express Oil gift cards, and so much more! All ticket holder names will be preprinted and entered in all door prize drawings.
- Silent auction from 6-6:30 and again at intermission. Items such as a 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Function Duo Plus Instant Pot ($99), Ninja Foodi digital toaster/air fryer oven with flip away storage ($229), 1 year FREE Shipt delivery +$250 shopping credit, $100 basket of Alabama-made products, hand-crafted waxed canvas ladies bag from Southern Maker Biscuit Leather company, Anniversary night out (hotel, restaurant, Red Mountain Theater tickets), air fryer, Spa & Fitness package, Sur la Table $100 gift card, Oxo Good Grips POP 5 piece baking set, and so much more!
- 5 Vendor Booths for Shopping New this year, we have hand-selected 5 vendors we feel you will love to shop for your Christmas presents. They will be available inside the exhibition hall from 6pm-6:30pm , during intermission, and again at the end of the show.
- FREE Dessert during intermission! Yep, that's right. You will get to sample one of my Southern shortcut recipes.
- FREE Coffee/Hot Chocolate Bar by Panera Bread Enjoy coffee or hot chocolate with you dessert while viewing the silent auction during intermission.
- Four lucky winners! Sample the recipes as I make them on stage. We will draw a name in the first half and that person will choose someone to sit with them at our beautiful tablescape decorated by The Secret Garden Flowers and Gifts. We will choose another name in the second half and they will choose someone to sit with them and sample the recipes.
- Recipe Booklet and Program The program doubles as a free recipe booklet with all the recipes demonstrated at the Holiday Cooking Show. Many recipes were created just for the cooking show and not even on GritsAndGouda.com yet.
- All about Outdoor Ability Foundation. Right before Intermission, Scott and Grayson will present a brief video presentation about their nonprofit that equips the disabled outdoorsman. They have now given 10 outdoor power wheelchairs to disabled kids that have a passion for the outdoors. Most are Action Trackchairs and start at $11,000. Grayson will be available before, during, and after the show in a booth as you enter the exhibition hall to answer any questions you may have about OAF.
- Goody Bags Everyone will leave with a goody bag with surprises donated by local businesses.
- Selfie Station Don't miss our holiday selfie station where you can snap a selfie in front of our Thanksgiving wreath on a door and decorated Christmas tree.
How does this silent auction work?
It is a little different (and easier) than signing your name and having to constantly check back to see if someone bid higher than you.
There will be a bucket in front of every silent auction item. Guests will place tickets they purchase in the buckets they hope to win. Each ticket is $5 or 5/$20. The more tickets you place in a bucket, the more likely you are to win that item. One winning name will be drawn at the end of the evening from each bucket.
The civic center also has an ATM near the circle desk in the hallway.
Can I use my credit card at the silent auction and vendors
Silent Auction: Yes, we will have the ability to slide your credit card. Cash is easier.
Vendors: It is up to each vendor. The civic center has an ATM machine in the hallway.
Holiday Cooking Show benefits Outdoor Ability Foundation
The Holiday Cooking Show benefits Outdoor Ability Foundation. OAF, a 501 c 3 nonprofit, was founded by my husband, Scott and son, Grayson, in 2014.
Our son, Grayson, was born with spina bifida, a birth defect that occurs when the spine and spinal cord don't form properly. Grayson is now 20 years old, an Eagle Scout, graduating from Wallace State Community College in December in welding, and loves to hunt and fish.
When Grayson was 15 he struggled to navigate the rough terrain of the woods and soggy river banks while hunting and fishing. So, he raised money through car washes, selling my Mississppi Mud Brownies, and community donations to buy a used Action Trackchair.
After experiencing this new independence of being able to go just about anywhere he wanted to hunt and fish, he and Scott wanted to help others have the same freedom. They started raising money by going to outdoor shows like World Deer Expo and Rick and Bubba's Outdoor Expo.
OAF has now helped 10 kids and young adults in 4 states get terrain outdoor power chairs. Each chair retails for $11,000+. OAF is sometimes able to purchase demo chairs which helps significantly. Pictures of the recipients are on their website at OutdoorAbilityFoundation.com.
How can I donate to Outdoor Ability Foundation?
Go HERE to the Outdoor Ability Foundation website and click the blue Donate Today button.