Jarcuterie (Charcuterie in a Jar)
Jarcuterie is a play on the words charcuterie board. All the sweet and salty party snacks that are arranged on a charcuterie board are artfully stacked in a small Mason jar to create individual charcuterie servings.
- 8 pieces Meats such as: Genoa salami, Capicola, Prosciutto wrapped around string cheese, pepperoni, homemade venison jerkey (my family favorite), cubed ham, crisp bacon
- 8 cubes, slices, or wedges Cheese such as: Gouda wedges, Cheddar slices, large shreds of Parmesan or Asiago, blue cheese wedges, large feta crumbles, goat cheese slices, Pepper Jack, Mozzarella pearls, string cheese
- 8 Fruits & Vegetables such as: Grapes, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, persimmons, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, fresh and dried figs, fresh and dried apricots, dried cranberries, raisins, mandarin oranges, carrot sticks, celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, fresh herbs for garnish, cucumber slices, radishes
- 8 Nuts & Seeds such as: honey-roasted peanuts, toasted pecans, pistachios, chocolate-covered almonds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), sunflower seeds
- 8 Crackers &; Bread(Cookies) such as: Grissini thin breadsticks, pretzels, chocolate-covered pretzels, honey wheat braided pretzels, crostini, bruschetta, baguette slices, cookies, Pocky biscuit sticks, buttery crackers, water crackers, rosemary crackers, woven wheat crackers, gluten-free crackers, pita bread wedges, cheese straws
- 8 Pickles & Spreads such as: Gherkins, pickles, pickled okra, pimiento cheese, hummus, fig jam, pepper jelly, Ranch dressing
Smaller items like nuts, seeds and small grapes can be place in the bottom.
Spreads and jams can also be placed in the bottom especially if crackers or vegetables are added for dipping.
Fold cold cuts like salami in so it creates a fan and place in the jar. Wrap thin meats like prosciutto around string cheese and place in the back of the jar because those are taller.
Thread berries and small items like olives and mandarin oranges on plain or decorative skewers. Add taller items like Grissini breadsticks, Pocky biscuit sticks, and skewers of fruit in the back so the shorter items will not be hidden in the front.
Fill in any gaps with smaller items like nuts, cubes of cheese, and blueberries that are not skewered.