Sweet Tea Tiramisu Trifle for Two
This is my Southern shortcut skinny version of the Italian dessert, Tiramisu. It's typically made with espresso and/or rum soaked ladyfingers and layered with mascarpone cheese and whipped cream. My sweet tea version is ready to eat in 15 minutes.
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 single serve pre-sweetened tea bags or 1/2 cup strong sweet tea sweetend with Splenda
- 1.5 ounces angel food cake, cut into 1/2" cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free or lite non dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces Neufchatel cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Fresh raspberries
Pour water over tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bag.
Place the cake cubes in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate. Brush the cake cubes with the strong tea or drizzle it over them and toss well to coat.
Combine Neufchatel and whipped topping in a bowl with a wire whisk until smooth.
Arrange half the soaked cake cubes evenly in the bottom of two dessert dishes. (Half pint jars work well, too!) Spoon half of the whipped topping mixture evenly in the two dessert dishes. Arrange the remaining half of cake cubes evenly in the dishes. Dollop the remaining whipped topping mixture on top of cake cubes.
Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 157kcal