Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
Creamy Jalapeno Pimento Cheese is the perfect spread for any occasion: Football party. After school snack. Lunch box favorite. This extra creamy Southern cheese spread has a little kick!
Servings 12 servings
- 1/2 of an 8-oz package cream cheese
- 2 8-oz blocks mild or sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (not pre-shredded)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimento from the jar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated or finely chopped sweet onion (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Shred the Cheddar cheese with a hand grater or with the shredder attachment of a food processor.
Stir together all ingredients in a medium size bowl until all ingredients are incorporated.
You can also use an electric hand mixer if you like the mixture to be even MORE spreadable. Spread on crackers for a snack or appetizer or between slices of bread for a sandwich.
Tips: Not in the mood for an arm workout? Shred the two blocks of cheese in seconds using the shredding attachment of the food processor.
To soften cream cheese quickly, microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds. Note: This spread makes an awesome grilled cheese sandwich!
Serve on your grilled burgers instead of sliced cheese for a Southern burst of flavor!
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 221kcal