Pimento Cheese with Fire-Roasted Peppers
I know. I know. It’s bordering on Southern heresy to use anything but the little bottle of diced pimento peppers in this iconic snack, appetizer, and sandwich spread. But in my defense, fire-roasted peppers can also come in a bottle so you don’t have to roast your own.
Servings 2 cups
- 1 8-oz block mild or sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (I like Cabot Vermont Sharp)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese 1 ounce, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped bottled fire-roasted red peppers or bottled diced pimiento peppers
- 1 teaspoon grated sweet onion or 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crackers My favorite new cracker is Crunchmaster Multi-Seed crackers
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl until all ingredients are incorporated. You can also use an electric hand mixer. Spread on crackers for a snack or appetizer or between bread for a sandwich. For low-carb dipping try using fresh carrot “chips”.
Ways to serve Pimento Cheese:
- On a Ritz cracker (because everything's better on a Ritz, right?)
- At a picnic on celery sticks
- In a lunchbox sammich at the school cafeteria
- Spread on water crackers and served on a silver platter at a wedding
- Piled high between two slices of white bread and sealed in green plastic bags at the Masters golf tournament (iconic sandwich at the Masters- Call Me PMC version)
- After work spread on a Crunchmaster multi-seed cracker (I'm addicted to these crackers too)
- And my most recent favorite way to serve pimiento cheese is in a grilled cheese sandwich with crumbled bacon!
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 81kcal